Is There A LifeLock Scam? Or Does The Company
Provide Reliable Identity Theft Protection Services?
|This page provides info on LifeLock Scam. It is for people seeking to learn more about if there is a LifeLock scam, in order to make an informed decision about the service. If you are mainly interested in the bottom line… there was an FTC investigation. But it was about the company’s advertising and not the actual service. LifeLock had to pay a fine and discontinue the TV ads where the CEO was giving out his social security number. LifeLock continues to be a leader in credit monitoring and identity theft protection services. Click To Visit Their Website
For those who want more details… the information below provides an overview of that FTC investigation and what started all the LifeLock scam rumors.
The above clip is less than 3 minutes long. It is from Todd Davis, the president and CEO, of LifeLock. In this clip he is speaking directly about the FTC investigation. Rumors of a LifeLock scam. How the investigation really benefited the entire Identity Theft Protection, and Credit Monitoring, industry. And that LifeLock continues to be a leader in that industry. Just click play to watch.
Below is a summary of the FTC’s LifeLock Investigation:
* The FTC confirmed it really was Todd Davis actual social security number and this was not a LifeLock scam. However advertising it in this manner, and inviting people to try and use it, was essentially soliciting for people to commit a crime. Even if it is a crime against himself personally.
* In addition, since he promoted it, the public had a right to know to know the results. The FTC indicated there had to have been thousands of attempts to use Mr. Davis social security number, however only 13 were documented and verified. Out of the 13 the LifeLock service prevented all but one. There was one $500 credit account that was actually opened using Mr. Davis social security number.
* The company was fairly new. Other Identity Theft Protection services had been around longer and had more customers. Yet LifeLock was claiming to be number one. The FTC found that this was false advertising.
* LifeLock was essentially guaranteeing that if you used their services then identity theft would not happen to you. The FTC found that no Identity Theft Protection Service can make that guarantee. A credit monitoring service can help prevent fraudulent attempts, and alert you to suspicious activity as soon as it occurs, but they can’t guarantee that it won’t never happen. Mr. Davis himself is evidence of that.
* The FTC concluded their investigation and fined LifeLock 12 million dollars.
The bottom line with the so-called LifeLock scam is that the Federal Trade Commission did not like that LifeLock was claiming to be number one. They did not like that their commercials was guaranteeing identity theft would not happen to you if you signed up for their service. And they really did not like that Mr. Davis was giving out his real social security number on national TV and daring people to try and use it. All of which LifeLock has stopped doing. But there is no LifeLock scam, and there never was a LifeLock scam. The whole LifeLock scam controversy all started as a result of the social security number TV ads.
Mr. Davis position on his social security number was that the service notified him immediately when that account was opened, therefore it worked as it is supposed to. There was no LifeLock scam and he considers the ad campaign a success. And he points out that, obviously, no other LifeLock customer is going to publicly advertise their social security number the way he did which means they are at far less risk.
Forget LifeLock Scam Rumors Learn What Their Credit
Monitoring And Identity Theft Protection Does For You
If you searched for the term LifeLock Scam and found this page, then no doubt you already know about the importance of a Credit Monitoring and Identity Theft Protection Service. The FTC estimates that as many as 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year. It takes many forms. The common things that most of us know is that identity thieves may rent an apartment, obtain a credit card in your name, or establish phone or utility services in your name. Without a credit monitoring service you may not find out about it until it’s too late. You review your credit report or a credit card statement and notice charges you didn’t make. Or until you’re contacted by a debt collector.
Identity theft victims spend hundreds of dollars and many days repairing damage to their good name and credit record. Some consumers victimized by identity theft may lose out on job opportunities, or be denied loans for education, housing or cars because of negative information on their credit reports. And although it is rare, they may even be arrested for crimes they did not commit.
So we know how important Identity Protection Services can be. We also know that the most risky thing you can do is to do noting at all! And after reading this page, you should have no more concerns over the misinformation about a LifeLock scam, and realize there never was a LifeLock scam.
Consequently, the only real question now is how does LifeLock compare to other Identity Theft Protection Services? All the other services only do Credit Monitoring. If that is the only thing you want you can get this from LifeLock. However, LifeLock’s Ulimate Protection offers much more. Here is an overview of LifeLock’s Ultimate Plan.
- The industry’s most complete Identity Theft Protection service
- 24/7 online access to your monthly TransUnion credit score
- The ULTIMATE in identity theft protection
- LifeLock’s $1 Million Total Service Guarantee
- Daily monitoring of all three Credit bureau reports
- Checking and Savings account application alerts
LifeLock is more than just a credit monitoring service. They help protect your personal information using a combination of data surveillance techniques. They provide member service, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. LifeLock also contacts the major credit bureaus on your behalf and help remove your name from mailing lists for pre-approved credit offers. And they provide you with anytime access to your alerts dashboard via the secure LifeLock Member Portal. LifeLock Ultimate™ protection expands upon the benefits you receive with LifeLock to include monitoring of public records and court records. They also track known alternate names, in addition to the name you currently use. And LifeLock delivers all of this information monthly in an aggregate report that’s easy to review.
There is no need to be concern about any rumors of a LifeLock scam. In fact, LifeLock is the recommend solution for Credit Monitoring and Identity Theft Protection. It continues to receive very good customer reviews from people who use the service.
[CLICK HERE TO VISIT THEIR WEBSITE]
For Over 10 Years… We Recommend The Best Online Services…
To The People Who Need Them! This Page Provides Info To Show:
There Is No LifeLock Scam